facebook_pixel

Growth and Development

40 Little Things You Can Do to Relax

By  |

2016 was certainly a turbulent year to say the least, with everything from the loss of some of the world’s most iconic and loved celebrities, to massive political earthquakes shaking countries like the United States and the UK to their very core. Plus, when you consider all of the traffic terrorist attacks that have occurred, it is easy to see why the year has been marked as a bad one by all accounts.

On a personal level, the ever increasing cost of living, combined with the housing crisis and stagnation in wage growth has left the average Joe and Joanna feeling the pinch. Is it any wonder then that anxiety and depression are skyrocketing as a result?

things to do to relax
It is possible for even the most confident, happy and well-rounded person to fall into a state of unhappiness and to suffer from anxiety and often one of the most frustration things about such a condition is trying to pinpoint why exactly you feel this way. Often, things that seem trivial can worry us a great deal and can have a big impact on our daily lives and mental wellbeing.
The people over at Inflatable Hot Tub Guide have done some research into ways that we can all reduce our anxiety and stress, without reaching into the medicine cabinet. They have listed 40 little ways to help bring yourself back to your natural calm state, which is perfect for when you feel a little overwhelmed and want something to help you take your mind away from our worrying.
So the next time you are feeling anxious, why not go for a jog in the park, do a spot of yoga in the break room, listen to your favorite record or take a lovely bubble bath. Maybe you can switch out your regular morning coffee for a cup of green tea? Or simply try to remind yourself that nobody is perfect and you are only human!
What is really great about this infographic is the fact that you can use it as a reference point, quickly spotting something that looks like fun to do to easy your worried mind.

relax habits
The mind and body are connected in ways that we probably won’t ever fully understand. However, what we do know is that by taking a little time away from our regular thought patterns, you can successfully return to them with a fresh outlook and perspective.

40 things you can do to relax

How do you like our Magazine?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter "The Millennial Minute" to receive our FREE ebook On Getting Your First Job Out of College!

17 Comments

1. Tammy

February 2, 2017 at 9:47 am

I love to sit on the back porch, sip on my fav tea and watch the birds at the feeders when my day is getting to me. Thanks for sharing these other ideas.

2. tara pittman

February 2, 2017 at 1:56 pm

I like to take a hot shower to relax at night. During the day, I relax with coffee and cookies

3. Joely Smith

February 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I LOVE this and the graphic is awesome! I pinned it! I am going to print it out when i have ink for my printer again LOL GREAT POST!

4. Amber

February 2, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Nice! I always read a book to relax. And eat a bunch of chocolate.

5. Sarah Bailey

February 2, 2017 at 7:59 pm

I actually do a lot of things from that 40 things we need to do to relax. I love myself and wanna live longer to do my purpose and enjoy all the blessings God has given us to the fullest.

6. Cindy Nicoletti

February 2, 2017 at 8:53 pm

I love your article. One thing I have the most problem is with relaxing. Thank you for sharing all these great things I can do. Will for sure be giving them a try.

7. Wendy Polisi

February 3, 2017 at 3:06 am

I agree that we need to relax every now and then. There are so many things in this world that we can do and achieve. But it is important to have some time to relax

8. Victoria Heckstall

February 3, 2017 at 3:08 am

I like the infographic. It will be like a list of options I can do whenever I feel a bit depress.

9. Karlyn Cruz

February 3, 2017 at 3:09 am

Thank you for this. Really, there are plenty of things to choose from. I love to walk to a park or return to nature.

10. Annemarie LeBlanc

February 3, 2017 at 9:11 am

This is something I need to work on – finding time to relax. I mean, I do relax, but not as often as my body needs. I’ve done most of these 40 little ways, but I wish I can do it for a longer period of time.

11. Azlin Bloor

February 3, 2017 at 2:38 pm

40 things? That’s a mighty long list! i’m not so sure about some of them, but listening to music sounds like a good plan!

12. Coralie

February 4, 2017 at 1:28 am

These are great things to relax. At night when my kids are in bed is when I get the most done and it is relaxing to knock things off my to-do list lol. I do like reading to relax too.

13. Terri Ramsey Beavers

February 4, 2017 at 8:55 am

Oh wow, I need to do all of these to relax. I usually take a hot bath with soft music then read to relax.

14. Mai C.

February 4, 2017 at 12:24 pm

These are all awesome ideas! I love being able to relax after a stressful day at work.

15. Katy Lyle Hood

February 4, 2017 at 11:46 pm

These are all great ideas to relax. I love nothing more than a hot bath and quiet time.

16. Wildish Jess

February 7, 2017 at 1:51 am

Thanks for all those little tips! I’ll have to keep them in mind!

17. Amy Jones

February 15, 2017 at 1:10 pm

These tips are so helpful! I didn’t know how much I needed them until now, thanks <3