One of the reasons Halloween parties are so enjoyable is the variation of costumes from year to year and the hours of design and fun it takes to create them. Showing them off to your friends after all your secretive hard work, “You’ll never guess what I’m coming as this year!” will be worth it.
This article contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated for any purchase made by clicking on them. Thank you for supporting Miss Millennia Magazine!
So what does your Halloween costume say about you? Do certain people prefer certain types of costumes? Can you predict what your friends will go as this year?
- Sexy Costume: This one is for daring women who use Halloween as an opportunity to wear something extra sexy and out of the ordinary. A sexy witch says you are confident and not afraid to be the center of attention.
- Hilarious Costume: The kind of person who makes their own hilarious costume is the party type themselves. Over the top, hilarious, playful personalities who have no inhibitions and are willing to look completely silly for the cause. These guys and girls are usually the life of the party!
- Obscure ten minutes to explain costume: Creative types who think out of the box will make obscure costumes portraying famous people from history that only they have heard of. Sometimes they'll even make a bizarre reference to some obscure book or movie character. These costumes are always followed by listening to the creative process, where a group of confused friends gathers around to listen to a lengthy explanation of what on earth they have created this year. People who choose obscure costumes are usually hyper-intelligent and quirk, but definitely a little socially awkward.
- Genuinely Scary Costume: This is a costume choice for those darker souls who always dress as a gory zombie or pile on the fake blood, and seem to enjoy making themselves truly frightening. There’s always one, and they always seem to get everyone’s attention whether good or bad. It’s the one time of the year it’s socially acceptable to walk out while covered in blood trying to scare people. These spooky costumes always look great on Halloween and are usually chosen by well-adjusted people who happen to LOVE horror films or psychopaths.
- I didn’t make an effort costume: There’s always a lame person who refuses to dress up or makes a futile effort. This is usually someone who doesn’t enjoy Halloween, or who makes a minimal effort by doing nothing more than wearing a silly hat. Often this person is dragged along by their partner and sits alone in the corner. Fun. Don't be this person if you can help it.
- I hired an awesome costume. This one is for those who really aren’t creative or are short on time, but love costume dresses up and wants to do it right. They aren’t afraid to spend a little money finding a great costume – maybe from a shop or a website – and they know it will turn heads when they arrive. Secretly, they are attention seekers too, of a more modest variety. SpiritHalloween has a wide variety of children’s and adult’s costumes for hire.
Enjoy creating your costumes for this Halloween season, and figuring out what your friends' costumes say about their personalities!