Miss Millennia Magazine is all about helping millennial women transition from college into adulthood. Your twenties have to be one of the most confusing times of your life and going from a structured classroom environment to the crazy, unpredictable, and limitless options of adulthood is overwhelming, to say the least. We give you practical advice on your next stages in life, useful tips for your career and in college, and even the best beauty and fashion tips. If you are looking to be inspired, you should read our #LikeAGirl Interview Series where we interview women from all walks of life and learn how they got to where they are.
How We got started
Miss Millennia Magazine was founded by Jasmine Watts, our Editor in Cheif in 2011. She recognized the dilemma that many college graduates face when entering the world that does not meet their expectations. She found solace in commiserating with her fellow peers who were also googling things such as How do I know if I should go to Grad School? And How to Keep Your Mind Active after Graduation. A freelance writer at the time and full-time frustrated college grad, she decided to do something about it and thus began Miss Millennia Magazine. You can learn more about Jasmine’s story on how she started Miss Millennia Magazine here.
Who We Are
Miss Millennia Magazine is run by an entirely virtual team located all over the country. Jasmine is located in San Antonio, TX but has members of her team who live in several states in the US. To learn more about the people who make Miss Millennia possible, check out the Meet Our Team page.
What We Are
- We are the friend who is not afraid to tell you like it is. Everyone needs a friend like this, even when they say something you don’t want to hear.
- A helpful resource for the questions you are too afraid to ask. Because who is going to tell you how to Negotiate your salary? Your boss? Better to just stick with us.
- Open to suggestions. So let us know what questions you have by emailing us at email@example.com.
What we are not
- Your Mother. So act like you have sense in the comments.
- A mean girl who tells you one thing to your face, and talks shit behind your back. We are advocates of millennials because we are millennials, and we have your best interest at heart. We strive to write content that speaks to our audience and will enhance their lives.
- Perfect. We make mistakes sometimes too, so if you find a typo or disagree with our stance on a certain topic let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do you go from here?
Well, you can start by signing up for our newsletter! We write content weekly that informs you of our latest content and exclusive giveaways for our subscribers. When you sign up for our newsletter, we also give you access to our free list of 50 books all millennial women should read.